mirror mirror . . .

Friday, May 30, 2008

In the thick of it


I made an awesomely huge mistake today: I sent the following email to a representative for a job that I recently applied for.

Dear **** ****,

I recently went through your application process, including the creation of a time-consuming profile and style forecast. And what do I get in return? Your company has added me to the mailing list for . . . spam! This is outrageous. I am very disappointed in the way your company has tricked me in exchange for an email address. I will be deactivating my profile immediately.


And this is the response I received.

Dear Sandra,

Actually I had emailed you last week asking you to come in for an
in-person interview and never heard back from you. My intention
was not to "trick" you into to subscribing to the newsletter (it is actually
an opt-out option when you make a style profile).

You were actually in my top ten choices to interview so I am very
disappointed by your reactionary response. Have a little faith in
your fellow web citizen. Splendora's marketing efforts do not include
posting ads for full time positions only to trick people into subscribing
into our newsletter.

I will have your profile deleted immediately.



Okay, I call bullshit. She did not email me for an interview! Why would I not receive this one email, when I have received the others (as well as the unwanted newsletters)?

But still, I don't feel very good about this. I think i fucked up.

Also, I am upset in general. It is so hard finding a job. I think I really am in a quarter life crisis.

The city is cloudy today, and I have lost another friend/lover for what it's worth.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
doin the best with what she got.